I know “Fall” doesn’t technically start until after September 20, but I’m convinced that Fall actually starts when Starbucks comes out with their Pumpkin Spice Latte!
I used to guzzle those things like they were going out of style…or at least before the Peppermint mochas came out in December, then I was on to those. But one of these drinks can be the calorie-equivalent to a full meal. A Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte has 380 calories, 13 grams of fat, and 49 grams of sugar!
Recently, I stumbled upon a much healthier version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Not only do you save on calories, fat, and sugar…but you are having a meal in a glass, complete with protein, antioxidants, adaptogens, probiotics, amino acids, phytonutrients and digestive enzymes. I’m pretty sure Starbucks can’t beat that! If you want to know more about the health benefits of Shakeology and why I drink it, you can find more info here. If you would like to chat with me and discuss how Shakeology has changed my health for the better, please message me here.
Some health benefits of pumpkin are:
- they provide beta-carotene for eye health
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin has 7g of fiber and 3g of protein
- it’s packed with vitamins and provides over 50% of your daily dose of vitamin K
If you are looking for a healthier version of the ever popular Pumpkin Spice Latte, I highly recommend this version, your body will thank you for it.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: serves 1
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 cup ice
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender and enjoy!
Cal: 196 Fat: 4g Carbs: 25g Protein: 18g Fiber: 8g Sodium: 299mg
Weight Watchers Points+: 5